Monday, October 10, 2005

First CD sales for charity


Here is a picture of me and a 72 year old man dancing while I sang by the riverside in Kaosiung. He was a very encouraging audience member! (actually he is driving us around the island) He died his hair blond! What a funny guy and a great dancer.

Tomorrow I am going to visit a girl here in Kaoshiung who is both an angel and a hero. She has a rare disease that means she will only live to the age of 20. Her sister just passed away last year and she is fighting for her life on a regular basis. When her father discovered his daughters had such a terrible illness he deserted the family, leaving their mother with many challenges to bear alone, both emotionally and financially. Despite these challenges, this little girl, Yen Rou, always dedicates herself to her school work and has won many awards for her diligent attitude to life. However, even though she has had a lot of glory and praise, her and her mother are still financially challenged. Hence last night I sold my CD for charity. It was a vulnerable moment for me because there were moments I felt like nobody wanted to buy them. There I was standing on the stage looking at this audience and feeling like I put my heart on the line. The CD contains huge pieces of my heart and life and I was reaching out with it, not for myself but for someone else. Well, finally some people started buying and I felt very encouraged.

I will post pictures and share about meeting this little girl tomorrow. But I can tell you that just by knowing her story is already an inspiration. If you read this story and you feel a little moved, I will also find a way that you can help this little girl and her mother out too.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed at all the problems in the world. There are so many, especially after hearing about the recent earthquake. But the danger of feeling overwhelmed is that we can often feel crippled and end up not taking any action at all. However I realize now that we do what we can do, and God does place many needs right in front of our eyes - which is our call to take action.

So, here is a girl in Kaoshiung who needs your help. Hope some of you can hear her needs...

Share more with you tomorrow.

In the mean time, after the super encouraging concert, I went to the Kaoshiung Liu He night market. It was DELICIOUS! I had seafood congee (without the rice)...so sweet! Red Bean Mien Mien Ice...it was so silky! AND Tu Tuo fish stew with rice vermicelli...superbly YUMMY! So I go to bed with a happy stomach and a happy heart. It was a great October 10th. Happy Birthday Taiwan.

Lily

PS. Thanks to Monica for your comments and postings...and thanks to Leo for coming out tonight and buying a CD.

No comments: